The Jerdet College Scholarship is available for matriculated college students. Awards are for 2nd, 3rd, and 4th year college students.
- Applicant must have lived within Freeborn County, MN while in Grades 8-12.
- Applicant must be a current 1st, 2nd, or 3rd year student enrolled in college as a music major.
Awards distributed to 2nd, 3rd and 4th Year College Music Majors
- 1st Award $5,000
- 2nd Award $2,500
Scholarships are awarded at the discretion of the judges and the Civic Music Scholarship Committee.
As part of your scholarship acceptance, all recipients are required to participate in a celebratory showcase recital for the Albert Lea Civic Music Board, parents, friends, and teachers at the end of the following school year.
Winners will be notified by e-mail.
Detailed Requirements and Audition Information
All auditions will be performed before a panel of judges.
Application Fee $15
1) Applicant must have lived within Freeborn County, MN while in Grades 8-12.
2) Applicants – $15 registration fee
3) Applicant must submit a completed application form and complete all requirements.
4) Applicant must be a current 1st, 2nd, or 3rd year college student enrolled in college as a music major. All music classes and music lessons must be for college credit in the school you are enrolled.
5) Applicant must perform on the instrument being studied in college.
6) Instrumental audition repertoire requirements:
- Any movement of a concerto or representative piece
- A contrasting piece from a different composer and time period than above
7) Vocal audition repertoire requirements:
- One song in English
- One song in a foreign language by a different composer
- Songs must be from different time periods
8) All music will be performed with a live accompanist unless the music is specifically written without accompaniment. NO taped accompaniments allowed. Albert Lea Civic Music will provide an accompanist for all applicants and will cover the accompanist’s fees. Applicant may elect to use their own accompanist at their own expense.
Please review the ⤷ Accompanist Information Page Follow the guidelines for preparing and submitting your original scores for your assigned Civic Music accompanist. All scores must be submitted by the application deadline.
9) No music substitutions allowed day of audition.
10) There are no time limits.
11) Previous winners are encouraged to audition, however no student will be eligible to win a 1st Award two years in a row.
12) At audition, applicants must provide an original copy of required selections for the judges with measure numbers marked.
Albert Lea Civic Music Scholarship Committee
Revised January 2023