The Jerdet Summer Music Camp Scholarship Award is available for junior and senior high school students who are interested in attending a summer music program to study voice, instrumental, or piano.
- Junior and Senior High School students, Grades 7-12 including home schooled students.
- Students must live in the Albert Lea Civic Music selling area (i.e. approximately 30 mile radius of Albert Lea).
- Students must apply, or intend to apply, to a formal music camp to be attended in the same calendar year.
Junior High Summer Music Camp
- 1st Place – up to $500
- 2nd Place – up to $350
- Honorable Mention Awards – $100
Senior High Summer Music Camp
- 1st Place – up to $1,000
- 2nd Place – up to $500
- Honorable Mention Awards -$100
Scholarships are awarded at the discretion of the judges and the Civic Music Scholarship Committee.
As part of your scholarship acceptance, all recipients are required to participate in a celebratory showcase recital for the Albert Lea Civic Music Board, parents, friends, and teachers at the end of the following school year.
Winners will be notified by e-mail.
Detailed Requirements and Audition Information
All auditions will be performed before a panel of judges.
Application Fee $15
(Fee is waived if applicant has a current Civic Music Season Ticket)
1) Applicant must live in the Albert Lea Civic Music selling area (i.e. approximately 30 mile radius of Albert Lea).
2) Applicant must submit a completed application form.
3) A recommendation from a current teacher is required for all applicants.
Please instruct your teacher to submit their recommendation by April 15, 2023.
4) Applicant must perform two pieces of music contrasting style and period. Memorization is preferred, not mandatory.
5) All music will be performed with a live accompanist unless the music is specifically written without accompaniment. NO taped accompaniments allowed. Albert Lea Civic Music will provide an accompanist for all applicants and will cover the accompanist’s fees.
Please review the ⤷ Accompanist Information Page Follow the guidelines for preparing and submitting your original scores for your assigned Civic Music accompanist. All scores must be submitted by the application deadline.
6) No music substitutions allowed the day of audition.
7) Total audition time limit is 12 minutes. To comply with time limits, cut selections appropriately.
8) Applicant must perform on the instrument to be studied at music camp – no exceptions.
9) Previous winners are encouraged to audition, however no applicant will be eligible to win 1st Place two years in a row in the same age category.
10) At audition, applicants must provide an original copy of required selections for the judges with measure numbers marked.
Albert Lea Civic Music Scholarship Committee
Revised January 2023